Next Level Profiles: Minna Rankine | Geraldton
Emerging producer and arts worker Minna utilised the Next Level grant to accelerate her capacity to the “next level” and to deliver projects as a producer through mentorships, one-on-one training, shadowing producers, producing, attending events that provide valuable networking opportunities, and generally kicking ass.
Over the course of the Next Level grant Minna:
- Produced a remount tour for one man comedy show “An Incompetent Life” under the guidance of mentor and producer Julian Canny.
- Prepared a case study and evaluation on Side Splitter Festival, in conjunction with project management and scoping training with producer Ruben Wills. (Minna now is the lead producer of Side Splitter)
- Received practical experience managing a venue at Side Splitter Festival for the city of Cockburn.
- Produced her first solo Fringe World show “An Incompetent Life” at FringeWorld Festival – with eight nights, two sold out shows and a whole lot of laughs.
- Shadowed producering team in the planning and delivery of Funtavia, Geraldton’s regional Fringe Hub.
- Attended Adelaide Fringe’s internationally recognised arts marketplace Honeypot with mentor Julian Canny. The marketplace provided an opportunity for Minna to network with artists and producers both nationally and internationally, while also supporting her development as a producer and Festival programmer.
- Completed event management professional development in Geraldton examining client based and community-based events with Emma McNerney an experienced community events coordinator.
- Attended Circuitwests Showcase WA, taking the opportunity to network with other producers from Regional WA and participate in audience development workshops.
- Displayed the capabilities to her employers that enabled her to secure a new salary based arts worker role as Associate Producer with Euphorium.
“I have so much to learn still, but this project was the perfect opportunity to allow me to invest in my abilities which I now can invest in the community, Its a bonus that I even got a job out of it”
– Minna Rankine
Due to the Next Level program Minna was able to advance the learning opportunities she would not have had access to in the past. This allowed her to create new opportunities in her community and producing work that then secured her a newly created full time Job at Euphorium for her as Associate Producer.
Minna is now the lead Producer in the company overseeing the coordination and planning of large festivals across the state and generally keeping the creative folk empowered and more importantly focused. Its not uncommon that you will see Minna at a community event telling her bosses, who are 10 years senior, what to do.
“She pays for herself… in fact she actually creates more opportunities for community programing and effective impact that she is one of the best investments we have ever made”
– Julian Canny, Euphorium Co-Founder
“Minna has boundless energy, creative enthusiasm and passion for what she does – combined with her practical mind and can-do attitude, she’s unstoppable!”
– Emma Mcnerny, Euphorium Co-Founder
You can check out Minna’s work at the Euphorium website.