Governance Resources

Regional Arts WA

Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated Friday 19 August 2022.

I often hear the terms ‘good Governance’ and ‘Governance Standards’, what do these mean?

Governance Standards is the official term for the set of core, minimum standards required by Charities or Not for Profit organisations.

For more information on Governance Standards:

Where can I find policy and organisational templates?

Where can I go for affordable arts related legal advice?

Arts Law Centre of Australia  provides free or low cost specialised legal advice, education and resources to Australian artists and arts organisations across all art forms. Arts Law’s ‘Artists in the Black’ program delivers targeted services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists nationally.

Another option you could try is Not-for-profit Law, a specialist legal service for community organisations that provides free or low cost, practical legal help and advocates for improved standards and legal frameworks.

If you are an artist you’re likely to qualify as a small business. The Small Business Development Commission offers legal essentials and a free dispute resolution service.

You can also contact the Fair Work Ombudsman for more information.

Do you have any advice for creating contracts?

We recommend taking a look at the Small Business Development Corporation’s section on contract advice.

How do I diversify income streams and building cash reserves for regional organisations?

Great question! Annette Carmichael and Euphorium Co-Founder Julian Canny cover the importance of diversifying income streams and building cash reserves for regional organisations in one of our regular Regional Online Chats. A Revenue Planning Toolkit was also developed as part of webinar.

I have a question that hasn’t been answered on this page, what do I do?

Close Search