HARTZ Hedland Arts Council
The Hedland Arts Council (HARTZ) is a not-for-profit organisation that has been nurturing the extended Port Hedland community since 1994. Driven by a committed group of volunteers, HARTZ presents a vibrant and diverse program of regular arts activities to the Hedland community.
HARTZ was involved in a three year engagement alongside Country Arts WA and BHP Billiton Iron Ore from 2012-2015. At the end of the partnership, HARTZ’s programs had engaged over 3000 people across the three years – this equates to 20% of the Port Hedland population. This is a significant achievement for HARTZ and a positive step towards reaching their vision to engage with every member of the Port Hedland community by the year 2018.
The community focus and affordability of the HARTZ program made the organisation a key resource to build artistic enjoyment, community pride, and creative development throughout the region.
HARTZ achieved the following key milestones:
- Growing the membership base from 0 to 63 members.
- Developing a five year strategic plan, including a membership plan.
- Developing a new website.
- Coordinating and delivering over 46 workshops.
- Partnering over 21 projects.
- Engaging with over 3,000 people in workshops, festivals, exhibitions, and events.
- Significant presence in the Northwest Fest, Welcome to Hedland, and Portbound Festival.
- Coordinating weekly open studio nights for the community.
For more about HARTZ, please visit please visit www.hartz.org.au.