Artful Leadership for Community Building Program
During the developmental stages of the Goldfields-Esperance Arts and Culture Framework 2015-2020 there was a clear consensus that leadership and skills development were in demand throughout the region.
In response, Country Arts WA secured funding through the Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission to deliver the 2015 Artful Leadership for Community Building Program – which was facilitated by Karrak Consulting based in Denmark. Twenty-two people from the Goldfields-Esperance region applied to participate in the program, with sixteen people offered a placement.
Three intense three day weekend workshops where held in various location across the region: Morapoi Station (4-6 September, 2015), Kalgoorlie-Boulder (16-18 October, 2015), and Esperance (27-29 November, 2015). It was in Esperance where participants initiated and organised a forum/workshop for the wider arts community. As a result of the workshop, a set of actions were developed – emanating from the discussions following the forum.
Artful Leadership for Community Building Program 2015 participants
- Peta Jurgens – Musician/Producer
- Ange Leech – Artist
- Donna Malec – Goldfields Arts Centre Manager
- Gary Cooper – Creative Producer, Tjuma Pulka Aboriginal Corporation
- David Gleeson – Small Business Owner
- Pania Turner – Shire of Dundas, Community Development
- Kado Muir – Managing Director, Marnta P/L
- Deeva Muir – Director, Marnta P/L
- Karthi Muir – Youth Worker, Leonora
- Ashley Gibb – Musician
- Katie Witt – Festival of the Wind Coordinator
- Marcia Koulbanis-Leonard – Art and Graphic Design/Media Teacher
- Monika Dvorak – Artist/Small Business Owner
- Marcus McGuire – Musician/Radio Producer & Announcer
- James Shultz – Director, Esperance Nyungar Aboriginal Corporation
- Lisa Blair – Self Employed Social Media Manager.