Regional Arts WA announces new Chair
The State’s peak not for profit regional arts and community development organisation, Regional Arts WA, is pleased to welcome its new Chair, Oliver Bazzani.
The newly appointed Chair is an experienced and skilled leader in the not for profit, start up and arts sectors, and is committed to driving social change through innovation and impact in the creative, youth and entrepreneurial spaces.
Oliver Bazzani. Photo by Travis Hayto.
Regional Arts WA ’s new Chair, Oliver Bazzani, says he is excited to take on this new role and looks forward to continuing his work with the organisation to create connected and creative communities across Western Australia.
“I am very honoured to be appointed Chair of Regional Arts WA. I have seen firsthand the powerful work we undertake for artists and arts workers living and working in regional WA. Over the past three years, I have been proud to be part of the Regional Arts WA’s Board leading the direction of the regional arts sector and as I step into this new role, I look forward to ensuring the regional arts sector continues to thrive at this pivotal time in WA.
“I would like to acknowledge the outgoing Chair Ted Snell for his commitment to Regional Arts WA. We appreciate your passion, commitment and leadership to the regional arts sector over the last couple of years.”
The new Chair also welcomes a newly appointed Board Member Jacky Cheng, an artist based in the Kimberley, who has joined the existing Board of Directors:
- Barbara Bynder Ballardong, Whadjuk Nyoongar with connections to Yued and Wagyl Kaip people, Indigenous Consultant based in the Wheatbelt;
- Bobbi Lockyer Ngarluma, Karriyarra (Pilbara) Yawuru, Nyulnyul (Kimberley) woman and Artist;
- Grace Crogan Visual Artist and Community Leader;
- Jim Morrison Goreng Minang Noongar Elder;
- Soula Veyradier Cultural Sector Leader;
- Lesley Wilkinson Local Government Professional, and;
- Ken Mills Community Leader in Goldfields Esperance.
For more information, please see www.regionalartswa.org.au/about/board of directors/