CDCWA – Administrative Assistant
Quick! Applications close Friday 27 March, 5pm
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Contemporary Dance Company of Western Australia (CDCWA) is the state’ flagship contemporary dance company, contributing a unique voice to the national cultural environment.
The company employs a stable of leading Australian artists and through our annual performance program delivers high-impact contemporary dance experiences to audiences, locally, nationally and internationally. CDCWA was formed from the amalgamation of Buzz Dance Theatre and STEPS Youth Dance Company, and maintains the legacy of high-quality engagement within education, youth, and community sectors.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the CDCWA office and is a full time position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the office environment.
- Answer telephone enquiries and attend to visitors.
- Assist staff.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Record minutes of meetings as required.
- Operate and maintain a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers and faxes.
- Coordinate workshops and performance bookings.
- Liaise with school and community groups.
- Liaise with stakeholders where required as a representative of the company.
- Assist the Community Engagement Director to develop and compile education resources for schools and community groups.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Artistic Director and Executive Director.
- Undertake other duties such as collecting mail and banking.
The successful applicant will:
- Display highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- Be able to work collaboratively, as well as independently, within a small team.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills.
- Display good leadership qualities.
- Hold a tertiary education qualification or equivalent experience in an appropriate field.
Contact Aaron Beach, Executive Director,firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter outlining your skills.