Funding is now available through the Regional Arts Fund Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program for arts organisations, local governments and artists to support strategic and targeted marketing campaigns that accompany an existing project, event, festival, venue or annual program.
How to apply
- Download and read the Guidelines [PDF]
- Contact the Regional Arts WA Project Officer to discuss your proposed request and check your eligibility [PDF]
- Submit your application via SmartyGrants
Hint: Use the Applicant and Resource Guide [PDF] to help you through your application.
Example ‘targeted marketing’ campaigns
- Design social media campaign targeting multiple towns in your region
- Postcard and poster drop in nearby towns and cities
- Design and purchase of print ads in a magazine or newspaper
- Development of accessible marketing campaign for tourists with a disability
Read through the Regional Arts Fund Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program Guidelines [PDF] for eligibility and grant criteria. If you require further assistance accessing the Guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com
Applicants must reside in postcodes classified as regional using the Modified Monash Model Map. The applicant’s physical address must be MMM Classification 2 or above. To check how your address is classified visit the Doctor Connect Locator Map.
- 10 Jan 2022 Draft applications due (optional for those who want feedback)
- 23 Jan 2022 Applications close
- 1 Apr 2022 Targeted Marketing Campaigns can begin
- 31 Oct 2022 Targeted Marketing Campaigns must be acquitted
Regional Arts WA Support
Project Officers are available to talk through your project and provide help with the application process. Regional Arts WA can also provide written feedback on draft applications that are submitted by 9am Monday 10 January 2022. Please ask a Project Officer if you would like to receive this feedback.
Project Officers can also provide additional support to those who have additional needs. In particular; first time or young applicants, and/or applicants who are disadvantaged through cultural, physical or language barriers. Please tell a Project Officer if you have additional needs for support.
The Regional Arts WA office is closed from Friday 17 December 2021, reopening Thursday 6 January 2022. During this time Regional Arts WA staff can’t be contacted for support.
All Regional Arts Fund Cultural Tourism Initiative Grants are assessed by an independent, external panel of artists and cultural workers from across WA. You can see the full list of peer assessors here and find out more about the process on the Assessment FAQs page.
The Australian Government Minister for the Arts has the option to announce the successful recipients, after which Regional Arts WA staff notify all applicants. Notification of the outcome can take around three months after the Grant round closing date. Please be aware this is an indicative time frame only.
Links and downloads
- Sample Tax Invoice [PDF]
- Application Resource Guide [PDF]
- Guidelines [PDF]
- Eligibility Criteria [PDF]
- Assessment FAQs
- Logos and acknowledgements (for successful applicants)
Successful recipients must display the Regional Arts Fund logo on all promotional material relating to the supported project. This is a combined logo, featuring the logos of the Australian Government, Regional Arts Australia, and Regional Arts WA. If you have any questions about how to use the logo, please contact the Regional Arts WA Project Officer.
Photo credit: 2017 Regional Arts Summit. Photo by Zal Kanga-Parabia.