A competitive quick response grant for upcoming projects to extend digital or grassroots marketing into a new visitor market. These grants are made available through the Australian Government Regional Arts Fund’s Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program.
How to apply
* All deadlines within SmartyGrants are presented in AEDT
Hint: Use the Applicant and Resource Guide [PDF] to help you through your application.
Example ‘flash marketing’ campaigns
- Design social media campaign targeting neighbouring town/s
- Postcard and poster drop in nearest hub city
- Design and purchase of print ad in community newspaper of a nearby town
- Development of accessible marketing campaign for tourists with a disability
Read through the Regional Arts Fund Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program Guidelines [PDF] to check you are eligible to apply and that you understand the requirements of the grant, before beginning your application.
If you need further assistance accessing the Guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com
Applicants must reside in postcodes classified as regional using the Modified Monash Model Map. The applicant’s physical address must be MMM Classification 2 or above. To check how your address is classified visit the Doctor Connect Locator Map.
- 17 Dec 2021 Regional Arts WA office closes
- 6 Jan 2022 Regional Arts WA office reopens
- 23 Jan 2022 Applications close
- 7 Feb 2022 Flash Marketing Campaigns can start
- 31 Oct 2022 Flash Marketing Campaigns must be completed and acquitted
Regional Arts WA Support
Due to the nature of this program, Regional Arts WA will not provide written feedback on draft applications. However, Project Officers are available to talk through your project and provide help with the application process.
Regional Arts WA Project Officers can provide additional support to those who have additional needs. In particular, first time or young applicants, and/or applicants who are disadvantaged through cultural, physical or language barriers. Please tell a Project Officer if you have additional needs for support.
The Regional Arts WA office is closed from Friday 17 December 2021, reopening Thursday 6 January 2022. During this time Regional Arts WA staff can’t be contacted for support.
Applications are assessed internally by Regional Arts WA staff and applicants will be notified of the outcome within 5 business days of the round closing.
Links and downloads
- Guidelines [PDF]
- Application Resource Guide [PDF]
- Sample Tax Invoice [PDF]
- Logos and acknowledgements (for successful applicants)
Successful recipients must display the Regional Arts Fund logo on all promotional material relating to the supported project. This is a combined logo, featuring the logos of the Australian Government, Regional Arts Australia, and Regional Arts WA. If you have any questions about how to use the logo, please contact the Regional Arts WA Project Officer.
Photo credit: 2017 Regional Arts Summit. Photo by Zal Kanga-Parabia.