RAF Cultural Tourism Accelerator
The Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program is a $5 million targeted measure announced by the Australian Government as part of the Regional Arts Tourism package. The program will enable arts organisations, local governments and artists to promote and develop cultural events for tourists across regional Australia.
There are four types of grants available. Two grants focus specifically on marketing, and two on developing new initiatives.
Flash Marketing Campaign – $2,500
- A competitive quick response grant for upcoming projects to extend digital or grassroots marketing into a new visitor market.
Targeted Marketing Campaign – $10,000
- A strategic and targeted marketing campaign to achieve a particular visitation outcome. The campaign will accompany an existing project, event, festival, venue or annual program.
Experience Initiative – $10,000
- An initiative that adds an offer or experience to an existing program, to increase visitation or extend the visitor experience of ‘place’.
Partnership Initiative – $15,000
- An initiative that develops a partnership with hospitality, accommodation, retail or events businesses to increase visitation and develop cross markets.
- 10 Jan 2022 Draft applications due (optional, applicable grants only)
- 23 Jan 2022 Applications close
- 7 Feb 2022 Flash Marketing Campaigns can begin
- 1 Apr 2022 Targeted Marketing Campaigns and Initiatives can begin
- 31 Oct 2022 All Campaigns and Initiatives must be completed and acquitted
Photo credit: Nannup Music Festival 2019. Photo by David Bailey, courtesy Nannup Music Club Inc.