RAF Project Fund
Nelson Coppin creates a mixed reality artwork at Ngurin Cultural Centre, Roebourne. Picture by Stuart Campbell.
The Regional Arts Fund (RAF) Project Fund is designed to support and promote participation in, and access to, arts and culture. The Regional Arts Fund is an Australian Government initiative supporting sustainable cultural development in regional and remote Australia.
The RAF Project Fund is not currently accepting submissions.
The aim is to support regional and remote communities, and individual artists to create high quality arts projects that develop partnerships and networks, broaden community engagement and increase employment and professional development opportunities for regional and remote artists.
Round 1 2020 is open for projects that will commence after 1 July 2020 and be completed by 30 June 2021.
RAF Project Fund Categories:
- Individual – Up to $15,000. This is available to individual artists or arts workers from regional and remote Western Australia who have identified a unique professional development opportunity or creative development initiative.
- Community – Up to $30,000. This is available to not-for-profit organisations or local governments from regional and remote Western Australia to employ professional artists in a creative arts project that engages their community
For more information please see the Guidelines below.
Is this grant right for you?
- Are you an artist, not-for-profit organisation, community group, or local government in regional Western Australia?
- Do you have project idea or have you identified an opportunity with clear artistic outcomes?
- Will your project develop audiences and broaden community engagement in the arts?
- Will your project encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural development in regional communities or for individual artists in the regions?
- Will your project increase employment opportunities for, and raise of the profile of, regional artists and/or communities?
If you would like to receive further information or wish to receive assistance in the application process, please contact Project Officer Fleur Hardy on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall), 9200 6207 or email@example.com
- Round 1 of the 2020 RAF Project Fund has closed. To keep up to date with notifications about future rounds, check back on this page, follow us on Facebook or subscribe to eNews.
Notification: The announcement of funding is made by the Australian Government about four to five months after submissions close. It is a priority for Regional Arts WA to communicate the assessment outcomes to all applicants as soon as they are announced.
Links and downloads
Previously funded projects and feedback:
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback August 2018
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback March 2018
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback August 2017
- Grant Recipients and Overall Panel Feedback March 2017
If you were a successful recipient of the RAF Project Fund, acquittals must be completed online via SmartyGrants. Please note: Hardcopy acquittals are no longer accepted.
About the Investment Panel
This funding program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Investment Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.
The Project Fund is a stream of the Regional Arts Fund, an Australian Government initiative supporting the arts in regional and remote Australia. The Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund is provided through Regional Arts Australia.