Next Level Regional Grant
The Next Level Regional Grants support young and emerging regional artists and arts workers aged between 18 and 26.
The Next Level Regional Grant is intended to support young emerging artists and arts workers, to undertake a self-directed program that builds their capacity to develop and sustain a career in regional Western Australia.
Next Level Regional Grants of up to $7,500 support creative activity and professional development for a period of one year. This may include but is not limited to the creation of new work, collaborations, professional development and training, residencies. You are encouraged to consider including a mentoring component in your project.
All art forms are eligible including but not limited to visual arts, theatre, dance, writing, music, film, new media and cultural projects.
- Next Level Regional Grants will close 5pm, Thursday 27 May 2021.
- The eligible activity period is 1 July 2021 until 30 June 2022.
- The Regional Arts WA Project Officer may provide feedback on one draft per applicant if requested providing drafts are submitted by Friday 14 May 2021.
You may apply if you are an independent artist, arts worker, cultural worker or producer who is:
- Aged between 18 and 26 years at the time of the application closing date.
- Resident in Regional WA as determined by Regional Development Commission boundaries for a minimum of 12 months prior to application.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in Regional WA.
An applicant may also nominate a not-for-profit organisation or Local Government Authority as an auspice to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s grant. Auspice organisations are required to be based and registered in regional WA.
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Read the Next Level Regional Grant Guidelines (under Links and Downloads below) to check eligibility and grant criteria.
- Make contact with the Regional Arts WA Project Officer, Hannah Chambers via email (email@example.com), on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) or 08 9200 6210 to let us know you are planning to apply and the project activities you are planning.
- Start your application online through Smartygrants.
- Download and email your drafted application to the Regional Arts WA Project Officer for review before you submit your final application.
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Regional Arts WA will support applicants through the application process, providing advice and feedback throughout the process.
Regional Online Chat
Rita Bush and Sita Bennett join us to chat about their experiences as Next Level Regional Grant recipients.
The Next Level Regional Grants are open to artists and arts workers between 18 and 26 years old. Individuals can apply for up to $7,500 and all artforms are eligible. If you think the Next Level grant might help you out, come join us and hear all about it!
Date: Tuesday 13 April 2021
Time: 2:00pm – 3:00pm
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
Links and downloads
- Next Level Regional Grant Guidelines
- Logos and acknowledgements (for successful applicants)
- Sample Tax Invoice
- Outcomes Measurement Guide
Successful Applicants 2020
Congratulations to our 2020 Next Level recipients:
- Rose Bennett – Film/Screen Arts and Literature
- Frank Bennett – Film/Screen Arts, Literature, Music, Digital Media, and Photography
- Bronte Berenger – Visual Arts
- Bridget Baldock – Community Arts and Cultural Development, Craft and Textiles, Sculpture, and Visual Arts
- Dane Yates – Multi-Art Form, and Music
Read more about their work here.
About the Assessment Panel
This program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.
This project is part of the Regional Arts and Culture Investment Program, supported by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions Program.
The purpose of the program is to drive the creation of jobs, drive economic development and tourism and improve social cohesion by supporting the creative and cultural industries in regional Western Australia. Through strategic investments, the program aims to build capacity in the regions and contribute to liveability and vibrancy of regional communities.