Drug Aware YCulture Regional
Are you aged 12-26, living in regional WA, and looking to develop creative skills and gain experience by running an arts project in your community?
Drug Aware YCulture Regional funds projects run by young people, for young people. This fund will provide opportunity and support for you to deliver an arts project under the auspice of a local organisation. You can find out more about auspices below.
Through Drug Aware YCulture Regional you can apply for grants of:
- Up to $4,000 if you live in regional WA
- Up to $6,000 if you live in remote WA, or above the 26th parallel
Projects should be inclusive and open for all young people aged 12-26 to participate in, and must include an opportunity to showcase any work created or skills developed to the wider community.
Projects can include arts workshops, masterclasses, community events, or productions in any artform. Examples include, but are not limited to:
For more examples, and to see whether you are eligible to apply, read the Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines [PDF].
How to apply
Project Coordinators must be between 12-26 years old to apply. As the applicant you will write the application, work with artists, help manage finances, and write a project acquittal (report) for your project.
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Regional Arts WA will give support every step of the way, from growing the arts project idea, writing the grant application, to the delivery of the event.
When you have an idea for your arts project, the next steps are:
- Read the Drug Aware YCulture Guidelines.
- Contact Regional Arts WA Project Officer Hannah Chambers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone on 08 9200 6210 or 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) with details of your project idea.
- Start your application online through SmartyGrants – Hannah will help guide you through this process.
- Email the draft application to Hannah for review before you submit your final application.
- Submit your final application through SmartyGrants at least three weeks before your project starts.
- Regional Arts WA will let you know if your application is successful within 10 days of your final submission.
- 21 January 2022 – Applications Open
- 30 November 2022 – Applications close
- Applications can be submitted up to three weeks before your project starts.
Applications for Youth Week WA projects, 8-16 April, must be submitted by 4 March 2022.
Links and downloads
- Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines [PDF]
- Logos and acknowledgements
- Sample Tax Invoice [PDF]
- Dug Aware YCulture Regional Promotional Materials
- SmartyGrants portal
Image credit (top of page): Po and Xander creating music with the DJ Equipment. Photo by Tamara Ennor.