Drug Aware YCulture Regional
Are you aged 12-26, living in regional WA and looking to run your own arts project in your community to develop skills and experience in a creative field?
Through Drug Aware YCulture Regional you can apply for up to $4,000 if living in regional WA or up to $6,000 if you live in remote WA, or above the 26th parallel, to support you in delivering your arts project.
Funded activities will provide skills and creative development opportunities for young people and could include (but are not limited to) arts workshops, masterclasses, community events, productions across any artform – encompassing music, visual art, costume design, scriptwriting, textiles, street art, theatre, spoken word, film, dance, photography, new media and animation.
Projects will provide an opportunity for young people aged 12 – 26 (that’s you!) to drive the project from application to delivery to acquittal, under the auspice of a local organisation such as a Shire, a community group or an arts organisation.
- Drug Aware YCulture Regional is currently closed and will reopen in early 2022.
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Download and read the Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines [PDF].
- Contact Regional Arts WA Project Officer Hannah Chambers with details of your project idea.
- Start your application online through SmartyGrants.
- Email your draft application to Regional Arts WA Project Officer Hannah Chambers for review before you submit your final application.
- Submit the final application through SmartyGrants at least 6 weeks before your project starts.
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Regional Arts WA will support applicants through the application process, providing advice and feedback throughout the process.
This funding program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Investment Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. For more information on how our grants are assessed, head to our Funding Assessment FAQs.
Links and downloads
- Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines [PDF]
- Logos and acknowledgements
- Sample Tax Invoice [PDF]
- Dug Aware YCulture Regional Promotional Materials
- SmartyGrants portal
Why should you apply?
Image credit (top of page): Po and Xander creating music with the DJ Equipment. Photo by Tamara Ennor.