Drug Aware YCulture Regional [Open]
Albany’s CircaSEA Troupe perform glowing acrodance. Picture by Warren Lilford.
Are you aged 12-26, living in regional WA and looking to run your own arts project in your community to develop skills and experience in a creative field?
Through Drug Aware YCulture Regional you can apply for up to $4,000 if living in regional WA or up to $6,000 if you live in remote WA, or above the 26th parallel, to support you in delivering your arts project.
Funded activities will provide skills and creative development opportunities for young people and could include (but are not limited to) arts workshops, masterclasses, community events, productions across any artform – encompassing music, visual art, costume design, scriptwriting, textiles, street art, theatre, spoken word, film, dance, photography, new media and animation.
Projects will provide an opportunity for young people aged 12-26yrs (that’s you!) to drive the project from application to delivery to acquittal, under the auspice of a local organisation such as a Shire, a community group or an arts organisation.
- Applications can be submitted up to 6 weeks before the project activity start date.
- A draft must be sent to the Regional Arts WA Project Officer for review at least one week before the final application is due.
- Applications close 19 November 2021
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Download and read the Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines.
- Make contact with the Regional Arts WA Project Officer, Hannah Chambers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) or 9200 6210 with details of your project idea.
- Start your application online through SmartyGrants.
- Email your draft application to the Regional Arts WA Project Officer for review before you submit your final application.
- Submit the final application through Smartygrants at least 6 weeks before your project starts.
As an entry level grants program for young and emerging artists, Regional Arts WA will support applicants through the application process, providing advice and feedback throughout the process.
Links and downloads
- Drug Aware YCulture Regional Guidelines
- Logos and acknowledgements
- Budget template
- Sample Tax Invoice
- Dug Aware YCulture Regional Promotional Materials
Previously funded projects
This funding program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Investment Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.