Community Presenter Professional Development Funding
We have a fantastic opportunity for regional community presenters to join us in Perth for four days of learning, connecting and inspiration at Showcase 2021. And we have funding to get you there!
WA Showcase is the key place to start your conversations with people who can get your work seen across WA.
Discussions and networking at WA Showcase 2019. Picture by Deprimo Photography.
Showcase will be held from 1 – 4 November 2021 at University Theatres on the grounds of the University of Western Australia. Produced by CircuitWest, WA Showcase is an annual performing arts industry presentation event where presenters and producers from around the state get to see and hear about the excellent work being made in Western Australia and consider options for presenting shows.
For full program details and registrations visit https://www.showcasewa.com.au/
This fund is to support regional organisations who are active Presenters of Lotterywest Shows on the Go shows in Western Australia. Support for this program is from Lotterywest.
Regional Arts WA will provide grants of either $2,000 or $3,000 for individuals, or $4,000 to $6,000 for groups towards costs associated with travel, accommodation or registration fees. Applicants who reside in a location above the 26th parallel and/or classified as MMM6 or MMM7 are eligible to apply for $3,000 or $6,000.
Applicants will need to provide a rationale for why attending the WA Showcase will be of benefit to themselves, their organisation and their community, and can choose between 1-4 days of professional development based on their availability.
Delegates at WA Showcase 2019. Picture by Deprimo Photography.
- Open from 25 August
- Closes 19 September
- WA Showcase will take place 1 – 4 November
The funding will support WA regional arts workers and volunteers for organisations who have previously presented a Lotterywest Shows on the Go show or who have an interest in presenting shows in the future. A balance of new and experienced presenters will be considered for funding. (Shows on the Go will be delivered by Circuitwest in the future).
How to Apply
All applications are to be submitted online using the SmartyGrants system. Applicants who require support to access the online application process should contact Regional Arts WA.
- Download and read the Community Presenter Professional Development Funding guidelines
- Contact the Regional Arts WA Project Officer, Carla Steele, to discuss your application by email firstname.lastname@example.org on 1800 811 883 (regional free call) or 08 9200 6217.
- Submit your application online through Smartygrants.
Links and Downloads
Why you should join us
- Firstly, we have funding – so your costs are covered
- Connect with other community presenters
- Ask the questions about presenting you have always wanted to ask
- Meet Regional Arts WA staff in person
- Networking opportunities with arts organisations and funding bodies
- Be exposed to new shows to present in your community
- Meet producers face-to-face
- New ideas, knowledge and inspiration in bucket loads!
WA Showcase 2019 hosted by CircuitWest
“Showcase was very insightful into creative leadership, and community engagement. One of the major areas we struggle with in Mukinbudin (like many regional towns) is community engagement and getting people interested in shows. I found that Showcase pushed me think outside the box when it comes to engaging the community. I also like the idea of making a show more than just a show by incorporating various activities, such as a pre-show activity in the lobby.”
– Alyce Ventris, Mukinbudin Community Resource Centre
“This was a great experience for me […] It also gave me a great opportunity to meet new people from my area as well as others from around the state which has opened up collaboration opportunities as well as the social benefits.”
– Kaytlyn Brownley, Bruce Rock Community Resource Centre
Support for this program is from Lotterywest.