Artlands Participation Grants
Through the Regional Arts Fund, Regional Arts WA and Regional Arts Australia are delighted to support regional arts practitioners and volunteers to attend one of the four Artlands gatherings happening 1-3 September 2021.
As Australia’s largest regional arts gathering for over two decades, Artlands is a strategic exchange that responds to emerging trends, discovers new ideas, considers adapted approaches and showcases artists as well as highlighting the creative and cultural sector across regional, rural and remote Australia.
As we move into a new era of program delivery and connection, Artlands 2021 will adopt a flexible, hybrid model, using digital to augment the live experience.
In addition to the host venue Junction Arts Festival in Launceston, lutruwita (Tasmania), Artlands 2021 will partner with three national venues who will become local Artlands hubs:
- Araluen Arts Centre in Arrernte Country (Alice Springs) NT
- Red Earth Arts Precinct in Ngarluma Country (Karratha) WA
- Empire Theatre in Western Wakka Wakka, Giabul and Jarrowair Country (Toowoomba) QLD
Information on Artlands can be found at artlands.com.au
Artlands Participation Grants are designed to support regionally based artists who would otherwise be unable to attend either in person or online. There are three types of participation grants available:
- Stream 1: $1,000 Grant – Support towards Artlands registration, associated travel, and accommodation costs. Please note applicants may select which of the four venues they wish to attend.
- Stream 2: $450 Grant – Support towards Artlands registration.
- Stream 3: $150 Grant – Digital registration.
Applicants will need to outline in their application the benefits and opportunities that they will gain from attending the conference. The selection process will reflect priorities such as inclusion of First Nations and young practitioners; ensuring cultural and geographic diversity; supporting those who lack the financial means to attend; and the professional impact of attendance for the applicant.
- Applications open 14 June 2021
- Applications close 4pm, 22 July 2021
Applicants must reside in postcodes classified as regional using the Modified Monash Model Map. The applicant’s physical address must be MMM Classification 2 or above. To check how your address is classified visit the Doctor Connect Locator Map.
How to apply
All applications are to be submitted online using the SmartyGrants system. Applicants who require support to access the online application process should contact Regional Arts WA Project Officer.