Regional Artist Fellowships
The Regional Artist Fellowships of $50,000 support up to four outstanding, established regional WA artists and/or arts workers’ creative activity and professional development for a period of up to two years.
The program is intended to support established artists and arts workers who want to undertake a self-directed program that builds their capacity to develop and sustain a creative career in regional Western Australia.
This may include but is not limited to the creation of new work, collaborations, professional development and training, residencies. All art forms are eligible including but not limited to visual arts, theatre, dance, writing, music, film, new media and cultural projects.
Please read through the grant guidelines document linked below. If you need assistance with your application, contact a Regional Arts WA Project Officer now.
- Regional Artist Fellowships will close 5pm, Thursday 13 May 2021.
- The eligible activity period is 1 July 2021 until 30 June 2023.
- The Regional Arts WA Project Officer may provide feedback on one draft per applicant if requested providing drafts are submitted by Friday 30 April 2021.
You may apply if you are an independent established artist or arts worker who is:
- Resident in Regional WA as determined by Regional Development Commission boundaries for a minimum of 12 months prior to application.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in Regional WA.
An applicant may also nominate a not-for-profit organisation or Local Government Authority as an auspice to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant’s grant if required. Auspice organisations are required to be based and registered in regional WA.
How to apply
When you have your project idea the next step is:
- Read the Artist Fellowship Guidelines (under Links and Downloads below) to check eligibility and grant criteria.
- Start your application online through Smartygrants.
- If you need help with your application, contact the Regional Arts WA Project Officer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), on 1800 811 883 (regional freecall) or 08 9200 6210 now.
Links and downloads
- Regional Artist Fellowship Guidelines
- Application & Resource Guide
- Logos and acknowledgements (for successful applicants)
- Sample Tax Invoice
- Outcomes Measurement Guide
Successful Applicants 2020
Congratulations to our 2020 Regional Artist Fellowship recipients:
- Alana Hunt
- Monique Tippett
- Helen Seiver
- Renee Schipp
Read more about their work here.
About the Assessment Panel
This program is peer-assessed by an external panel. The Panel is made up of members from across the state and provides diverse coverage of Western Australian arts. You can see the full list of assessors here.
The purpose of the program is to drive the creation of jobs, drive economic development and tourism and improve social cohesion by supporting the creative and cultural industries in regional Western Australia. Through strategic investments, the program aims to build capacity in the regions and contribute to liveability and vibrancy of regional communities.